Modeling of Epitaxy
STR has been developing its epi simulation technology for more than 20 years. The obtained experience resulted in a release of a specialized software intended for modeling of epitaxy in mass-production and research scale reactors. Robust and physically based process models have been constructed and are continuously improved and updated. The tool is available as stand alone version for epi-engineers with limited/no modeling experience and add-on to CFD-ACE+ or Fluent that can be used by simulation teams. Materials include nitrides, III/Vs, Si, SiC, oxides.
MOCVD of Ga2O3 :
- “High-Quality Epitaxial β-Ga2O3Growth by Close Coupled Showerhead MOCVD” F. Alema, B. Hertog, A. Osinsky, E. Ahmadi, F. Wu, J. Speck, M. Bogdanov, A. Lobanova, R. Talalaev, A. Galyukov, MRS Fall 2017, Boston, MA.
- “Experimental Study and Modeling of Ga2O3Epitaxial Growth by MOCVD in a CIS Reactor”, M. Bogdanov, A. Lobanova, R. Talalaev, A. Galyukov, F. Alema, B. Hertog, and A. Osinsky, IWGO 2017, Parma, Italy.
- “Epitaxial Growth of Ga2O3 By MOCVD Using Oxygen: Experimental Study and Model Verification” M. Bogdanov, A. Lobanova, R. Talalaev, A. Galyukov, F. Alema, B.Hertog, A. Osinsky, ACCGE-21, Santa Fe, NM.
- M. Dauelsberg, C. Martin, H. Protzmann, A. R. Boyd, E. J. Thrush, J. Kappeler, M. Heuken, R.A. Talalaev, E.V. Yakovlev, A. V. Kondratyev, “Modeling and process design of III-Nitride MOVPE at near-atmospheric pressure in Close Coupled Showerhead and Planetary Reactors”, Journal of Crystal Growth 298, 418 (2007)
- E.V. Yakovlev, R.A. Talalaev, R.W. Martin, C. Jeynes, N. Peng, C.J. Deatcher, and I.M. Watson, “Modeling and experimental analysis of InGaN MOVPE in the Aixtron AIX 200/4 RF-S horizontal reactor”, Phys. Stat. Sol. (c) 3, 1620 (2006)
- A.Lobanova, K.Mazaev, R.A.Talalaev, M.Leys, S.Boeykens, K.Cheng, S.Degroote, “Effect of V/III ratio in AlN and AlGaN MOVPE”, Journal of Crystal Growth 287, 601 (2006)
- Zavarin E.E., Sizov D.S., Lundin W.V., Tsatsulnikov A.F., Talalaev R.A., Kondratyev A.V., Bord O.V., “In-situ investigations of GaN chemical instability during MOCVD”, Electrochemical Society Proceedings 2005-09, 299 (2005)
- R.A. Talalaev, E.V. Yakovlev, S.Yu. Karpov, Yu.N. Makarov, “On low temperature kinetic effects in metal ?organic vapor phase epitaxy of III/V compounds”, Journal of Crystal Growth 230, 232 (2001)
- E.V. Yakovlev, Y.A. Shpolyanskiy, R.A. Talalaev, S.Y. Karpov, Y.N. Makarov, T. Bergunde, and S.A. Lowry, “Detailed Modeling of Metal Organic Vapor Phase Epitaxy of III-V Ternary compounds in Production-Scale AIX 2400G3 Planetary Reactor”, Electrochemical Society Proceedings 2001-13, 292 (2001)
- A.S. Segal, A.V. Kondratyev, S.Yu. Karpov, D. Martin, V. Wagner, and M. Ilegems, “Surface chemistry and transport effects in GaN hydride vapor phase epitaxy”, J. Crystal Growth, 270 (2004) 384
- E. Richter Ch. Hennig, M. Weyers, F. Habel, J.-D. Tsay, W.-Y. Liu, P. Brueckner, F. Scholz, Yu. Makarov, A. Segal, J. Kaeppeler,
“Reactor and growth process optimization for growth of thick GaN layers on sapphire substrates by HVPE”, Journal of Crystal Growth 277 (2005) 6
- Y. Shishkin, R.L. Myers-Ward, S.E. Saddow, A. Galyukov, A. Vorob?ev, D. Brovin, D. Bazarevskiy, R. Talalaev and Yu. Makarov,
“Analysis of SiC CVD Growth in a Horizontal Hot-wall Reactor by Experiment and 3D Modelling”, Mat. Sci. Forum 556-557, 61 (2007)
- A.N. Vorob’ev, A.K. Semennikov, A.I. Zhmakin, Yu.N. Makarov, M. Dauelsberg, F. Wischmeyer, M. Heuken, H. Jurgensen,
“Modeling analysis of gas-phase nucleation during SiC CVD in the Planetary Reactor”, Mat. Sci. Forum, 353-356 (2001) 103
- A.S. Segal, A.O. Galyukov, A.V. Kondrat’yev, A.P. Sid?ko, S.Yu. Karpov, Yu.N. Makarov, W. Siebert, P. Storck, S.A. Lowry,
“Global model of silicon chemical vapor deposition in Centura reactors”, Electrochem. Soc. Proc. 2000-13 (2000) 456
- A. S. Segal, A. O. Galyukov, A. V. Kondratyev, A. P. Sid’ko, S. Yu. Karpov, Yu. N. Makarov, W. Siebert and P.Storck,
“Comparison of silicon epitaxial growth on the 200- and 300-mm wafers from trichlorosilane in Centura reactors”, Microelectronic Engineering 56 (2001) 93